Serving Middletown, CT, Ambiance Stone is a locally owned and operated marble countertop and granite countertop designer, fabricator and installer for businesses, corporations, institutions, restaurants and residential homes located in New Jersey. We specialize in fabricating and installing granite countertops, marble countertops, quartzite countertops, soapstone countertops, quartz countertops, engineered stone countertops, and other natural stone countertops. You can contact us today at (860) 357-3183 to schedule a no-cost consultation and estimate!
Granite and marble stone are two popular materials used for countertops in kitchens and bathrooms. While both are natural stones with a unique beauty, they have some differences that may make one more suitable than the other for certain applications. Here are some of the key differences between granite and marble countertops:
- Appearance: Granite typically has a more consistent, speckled appearance with a wider range of colors to choose from, while marble has a more distinct veining pattern with fewer color options.
- Durability: Granite is generally more durable and resistant to scratches, stains, and heat than marble. Marble is more porous and can be more easily damaged by acidic substances.
- Maintenance: Granite is easier to maintain and requires less frequent sealing than marble. Marble needs to be sealed more often to prevent staining and damage.
- Cost: Granite is generally less expensive than marble, although this can vary depending on the quality and rarity of the stone.
- Application: Granite is a popular choice for kitchen countertops due to its durability and resistance to heat and scratches, while marble is often used for bathroom countertops, fireplace surrounds, and decorative accents due to its unique beauty and elegance.
Ultimately, the choice between granite and marble countertops depends on your personal preferences, budget, and the intended application. It’s always best to consult with a professional to discuss the specific requirements of your project and the benefits and drawbacks of each material. Ambiance Stone provides superior marble and granite countertop fabrication and installation services in Middletown and surrounding areas.
You can contact us today at (860) 357-3183 to schedule a no-cost consultation and estimate! You can click the following link to view our many 5-star reviews.